Q: Does my loved one need in-home care?
A: Here are some questions you should be asking yourself:
- Does my loved one want to stay in his or her own home but needs help with basic activities to stay there?
- Does my loved one face safety concerns such as falling, forgetting the stove is on, not realizing the temperature of the house, getting lost, letting strangers in the house, etc.?
- Does my loved one have declining eating habits?
- Is my loved one no longer bathing, going to the bathroom, or getting dressed properly?
- Is my loved one no longer able to keep the home tidy or keep up on home repairs?
- Is my loved one becoming exhausted performing everyday tasks such as laundry or housekeeping?
- Is my loved one forgetting to pay bills, go shopping, or take medication?
- Is my loved one getting lost or confused while walking or driving?
- Does my loved one seek companionship?
- Does my loved one feel isolated and depressed?
- Does my loved one suffer from loss of vision or hearing?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, No Place Like Home LLC can help.
Here's an article that may also be helpful: "20 Signs Your Parents Need Help at Home"